Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Your life's purpose...

Others say and believe that each of us have a purpose in life. But my question is, how do we know what that purpose is? I would want to think that my purpose in life would somehow have to do with having some sort of impact to someone else's life. Most of my family and friends know that I can carry a tune but I have not really developed it. Could that be considered a gift from God that I just buried? Just like the one from the parable of the talents in the bible. The master gave his servants different amounts of talents for them to invest but the one servant just buried it and was punished accordingly. I used to sing in church but was cut short since my family decided to move to another church because of some misunderstandings within the previous church that we were in. Since then, I didn't get the chance to sing again, so I figured maybe that wasn't what I am supposed to do. I am also a very shy person especially to people I don't know and so I am also not good with starting a conversation to share the word of God but I can say that when someone asks for my advice I make sure that I add God to our conversation for them to give all their problems to Him. 

My 2 older brothers passed away last May, one of them is already a christian but my other brother isn't. I tried to share with him the word of God and invited him to join us in church but he hesitated because he was full of hatred in his heart and I assume that he is angry at God because of what happened to him. They are both undergoing dialysis due to Chronic Kidney Disease. My christian brother was already blind and my other brother was always in severe pain. My christian brother died first and before he died, he said to one of their church leaders that his only burden was my other brother who won't fully surrender his life to God. During his wake, I was able to have some time with my other brother and we talked about our brother's burden about him. I told him, give everything to God, all your pains, all your hatred and I am sure God will hear your prayers. Usually he gets irritated when you bring up these kind of things to him but this time he was different. His head was bowed down and he just shook his head in approval to what I said. He died after my brother was cremated. He died during his dialysis session while asleep. A couple of times he told me that if God will finally take him, please do it while he's asleep. I truly believe in my heart that he has finally surrendered everything to God and so God heard his prayer. 

All of us have a purpose in life regardless of our religion. This is about our personal relationship with the Lord. I have yet to see my purpose but I will continue to share God's grace in whatever way I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unbiased Review of Essential Oil Brands

My family and friends would know this, about 3-4 years ago I was diagnosed with a herniated disc and sciatica and this has caused nerve dam...